Hello everyone.

A couple weeks ago we started work on a community project called
FreeAgent, that allows MVC applications to be designed in such a way
that they can be installed directly into any of the popular MVC
frameworks for ColdFusion. We selected six frameworks to support
initially and have just committed the last initial draft of these
samples to our version control.

These six frameworks are:

ColdBox
Framework-One (FW/1)
Fusebox
Mach-II
Model-Glue
onTap
CF on Wheels

If you work with ColdBox, Fusebox or FW/1 currently, then coding in
FreeAgent should be a walk in the park, since the design and
implementation of FreeAgent is very similar to these frameworks.

These are all in the SVN repository, so if you haven't seen it yet or
had a chance to try out the sample applications, they're all ready.
The onTap framework sample is the only one that hasn't been tested -
that's my primary framework and I expect it to be one of the easiest
to integrate, so I haven't focused much attention on it yet.

We'll start on some documentation shortly. And then we'll need to
start working on security layers and testing the securityFacade.

We're also looking for a good open-source application to be a
forerunner for FreeAgent in the ColdFusion community. A while ago I
had ported Ray Camden's Galleon Forums to 4-5 frameworks and a lot of
folks seemed rather interested in that project. So since this is
something of an evolution of that work, I thought maybe Galleon would
be a good first project to port to FreeAgent to generate interest and
help us improve collaboration within the ColdFusion community. So I
asked Ray and although he has no problems with me porting it, he's not
convinced he'd be interested in the FreeAgent port becoming the
official release version of Galleon. My concern is that if it doesn't
become the official release version, the effect of the FreeAgent fork
may be seen as fragmenting the community, rather than helping to bring
the community together. So we're looking for an existing project in
the CF open source community that would be interested in having their
official release version built to install into any of these 6
frameworks.

Any suggestions are appreciated. :)

Sign up for our google group at
http://groups.google.com/group/free-agent

--
s. isaac dealey :: AutLabs
Creating meaningful employment for people with Autism

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog