No, there are different 500 errors returned per application server.  CF could
handle any processing problems and return an HTTP 500 with its own custom
messages if it wanted to, which would still be a normal processed request
routed through IIS.  An IIS 500 would be returned if the CF engine or some
other component were to encounter an unhandled exception which prevents the
full execution of the the component.  That's why I ask if the 500 is a CF 500
or an IIS 500.

> > That begs the question - is this an IIS 500 or a CF 500?  I imagine
> they look a lot different.
>
> I think that it's the job of the application server to provide error
> information, generally, so 500 errors will depend on the specific
> application server. If you just have static content, you don't get
> 500
> errors, so I don't think there's really an "IIS" 500 error. There are,
>
> of course, standard error messages for ASP.NET and "classic" ASP 500
> errors.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
>
> Fig Leaf Software provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
> instruction at our training centers in Washington DC, Atlanta,
> Chicago, Baltimore, Northern Virginia, or on-site at your location.
> Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more
information