Barry,

Try installing this product I built. It handles single level categories and
uses fckeditor for editing the image description but also does sorting, crop,
rotate, many categories to one image relationships, etc. It also works with
mysql and mssql.

http://cfimagemanager/downloads/cfimagemanager_5.7.09.4pm.zip

Send me an email offline using the contact form.

http://cfimagemanager.com/contact.cfm

This is something I build, had plans on supporting and extending but other
projects got in the way. You need to download and install fckeditor, have cf8
on your server and have a datasource to mysql or mssql for it to work properly.