I believe you can send complex objects with SOAP but I never utilized
that feature and haven't worked with SOAP in some time. I'd start by
looking at the docs for SOAP services in CF and see where that leads
you.

Judah

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Ian Skinner <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I am experimenting to see if it is possible for a ColdFusion web service
> method to somehow return another object of some sort.  I am not having
> any luck with either my code or searching Google, but I wanted to ask
> before I gave this up as impossible.
>
>  My last experiment looked something like this:
>
> *webservice-test.cfm*
>
> <cfset testObj = createObject("component","webservice")>
>
> |<cfoutput>#testObj.getID()#</cfoutput><hr />
> <cfoutput>#testObj.getObj().myFunction("george")#</cfoutput><hr />
> <cfdump var="#testObj.getObj()#"><hr />
> <cfdump var="#testObj#">
>
> <cfset testWS = 
> createObject("webservice","http://localhost/webservice.cfc?wsdl";)>
>
> <cfoutput>#testWS.getID()#</cfoutput><hr />
> <cfdump var="#testWS.getObj()#"><hr />
> <cfdump var="#testWS#">
> |
>
> *webservice.cfc*
>
> |<cfcomponent>
>     <cfproperty name="ID" default="10" type="numeric">
>   <cfproperty name="obj" type="webservice2">
>
>   <cfset variables.ID = "12">
>   <cfset variables.obj = createObject("component","webservice2")>
>
>   <cffunction name="getID" access="remote" returntype="numeric">
>       <cfreturn variables.ID>
>   </cffunction>
>
>   <cffunction name="getObj" access="remote" returntype="webservice2">
>       <cfreturn variables.obj>
>   </cffunction>
> </cfcomponent>
> |
>
> *webservice2.cfc*
>
> |<cfcomponent>
>     <cffunction name="myFunction" access="remote" returntype="string">
>         <cfargument name="myArgument" type="string" required="yes">
>         <cfset myResult=arguments.myArgument>
>         <cfreturn myResult>
>     </cffunction>
> </cfcomponent>
> |
>
> The top portion of the code that access the nested components locally
> works exactly as expected.
>
> The lower portion of the first file that accesses the nested components
> as a web service produce an empty string for the method that is supposed
> to reference the second cfc file.  Is that what happens if one tries to
> nest objects in a web service, or am I doing something wrong.
>
>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:329445
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to