I would definately take a look at this e-mail about the eWeek article and
the eWeek article.  You might want to anonymously slip the article on his
desk too.

A recent issue of E-Week (Oct. 30 2000 Vol. 17 #44) did a comparison of 4
programming languages for the purpose of creating dynamic sites.

They tested .cfm, .asp, .jsp and .php applications on similar systems.

The jist of the articles is as follows:

Speed:
CFM - 29 pages/second
JSP - 13 pages/second
ASP - 43 pages/second
PHP - 47 pages/second

Grading API, Back-End Connectivity, Cost (Developer Time), Cost (Price),
Installation, Performance, Portability and Tools:
CFM - 3 A's, 5 B's
JSP - 3 A's, 4 C's, 1 D
ASP - 2 A's, 4 B's, 1 C, 1 D
PHP - 2 A's, 2 B's, 3 C's, 1 D

Although the 4 1/2 page reports/articles did well in showing strengths and
weaknesses of each item, the overall winner for most productive choice was
(no surprise) CFM.

Here is a link to PART of the articles.
http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2646051,00.html

The grading is shown here:
http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2646423,00.html

Be sure to look at the other links listed under "In this report". I found it
pretty interesting and informative.