> The curse of the Microsoft browsers continues.  This time, it's not even a
> design issue, it's a functional issue, and it's ruining our user experience.
>
> Plainly put, a certain subset of IE8 users are unable to log in to our site.
> Mind you, this is a signup/login process that has worked, literally for
> years.  Along comes IE8, and suddenly there has to be a problem.
>
> It appears that IE8 is not storing our cookies, that track a successful
> login.  Every other browser works fine.  Some group of IE8 users, however,
> get our "successful login" screen, but when they click to go to a members
> area of the site, they are NOT logged in.
>
> We've done everything, including the setup of a P3P policy.  This should
> work, for everyone, but it does not.  I'm at my wits end here, and
> embarrassed as hell that I can't figure out what this issue is.  I can't
> even reproduce it here, but I've seen it happen via remote desktop on some
> (gracious) member's PCs.
>
> We've tried telling them to check their security settings, clear cache,
> clear cookies, and more.  But damn, they shouldn't HAVE to do all this
> stuff.  Not this many people (and growing).  They can accept cookies and
> view other sites (presumably), just not ours.

What security zone is your site in, in the affected browsers?

Are the cookies the standard CF session tokens (CFID/CFTOKEN or
JSESSIONID)? Or are you doing something else? Are you setting the
cookies for the same host that the user is visiting?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online,