There is a misunderstanding about how the coldfusion works with JavaScript, I
think.

On the server, the coldfusion is translated to pure HTML and Javascript (or any
language that is 'client side').

Once the page is delivered to the browser, there is no coldfusion left on the
page.  This means that when javascript runs on the client, there is no way to
interact with coldfusion, without sending information back to the server first.

if you let us know what you are trying to accomplish, maybe we can suggest some
alternative methods?

Thanks,
William

William E. Seiter