Yup. We updated the ColdFusion 9 license to allow for no-cost development,
testing and staging environments. You just use the same serial number as
your production version.

We also included a cloud license as well. Meaning, if you are running
ColdFusion Standard or Enterprise in a traditional environment, you can also
install additional instances to a cloud provider like Amazon EC2 or
Microsoft Azure at no extra charge. Standard edition allows for 1 cloud
instance and Enterprise allows for 10. The idea is that if you are looking
to migrate to a cloud, we didn't want to penalize you during the migration.
Also, we wanted to support the concept of cloud-bursting, where you fire up
a cloud instance to handle excessive traffic or to
off-load intensive operations like reporting, pdf gen, etc.

-Adam