Leigh - just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting the straightforward loop
w/conditional was more straightforward/legible than the UDFs on cflib... I
meant in general compared to some of the suggestions so far in this thread.

Not taking anything away from any the suggestions themselves... they're all
good and I'm glad to see people making an effort to help and answer
questions.

My answer was just... keep it simple :)