On 4/3/2010 10:33 AM, Raymond Camden wrote:

> Remember that the book is for beginners, so a 'rehash of the basics'
> is a bit unfair. If you _know_ CF, then you probably want to wait till
> the 3rd volume where more advanced topics are. If you _dont_ know CF,
> then I think the 1st volume is excellent. Of course, I'm fairly
> biased.

I have great admiration to someone who is so knowledgeable about a
subject (any subject) in depth, but can write a beginner book on the
subject that makes sense to a beginner.

Some of the worst instructors I have had have been experts in the
field I was studying. One physical chemistry prof comes to mind. And
a quantum physics prof was a colleague of Fermi and he was an idiot
when it came to instruction. Ray seems to be one of the good ones
for ColdFusion who can explain stuff without making you feel like an
idiot. [Either that or he has a great editor. ;)]

Thanks to all authors who publish on ColdFusion and related topics.
Writing a book (or an article) is a labor of love.
--
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/8/a4/60
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RogerTheGeek