Steve,

Is there anyway to use cfset or cfsavecontent to store a complete cfinput
> tag?
>
> i.e.
>
> <cfset config.formFieldA = "<cfinput type=""text"" name=""fieldname""
> value=""""/>"/>
>
> If I do a view source, I see it the code on my output page, but it won't
> render at all in the browser.
>
> If I try cfsavecontent it errors because the cfinput isn't in a cfform
> (since the cfinput is in a CFC being called by the form page).
>
> The reason for this is that this one form field could have different max
> lengths, validations, validation patterns, and messages based on a variety
> of factors.  If I can move the input into a CFC that returns all sorts of
> other partner specific info, it keeps me to having just one space to enter
> config data.

That doesn't work, instead do something like:

<cfset fieldA = {
  type="text"
  ,  name="fieldname"
  , value=""
} />

<cfinput attributeCollection="#fieldA#" />

You can use a structure to define the parameters for the <cfinput /> tag.

-Dan