I have a PDF with a text field that is “Multi-Line”.  You can type into it and
use carriage return to write paragraphs of text.

So I type in it and use a carriage return.  Submit the form to a CFQuery and
insert the data into a varchar field.

I use CFPDF and CFPDFformparam to take the field from the database and put it
back into the PDF form.  Everything looks fine.

Submit the form again to a CFQuery and update the database.

When I go to view the PDF again with the data I have two carriage returns
instead of just one.  If I keep updating the database I keep getting even more
carriage returns.  They almost seem to double with each update.

How can I prevent this?  Do I need to search for LF and replace with CR?  Or
something similar?

I tried this on the update query and it does not help.
#replace(FORM.Contact_Name, chr(10), chr(13))#

Thanks,
Chad