I just went through this also.. first thing to check is the setting of the
saved file. There are many different formats, but the real producer is
finicky as to which it reads. Try saving as an uncompressed avi, and play
around with the settings.

Next go to the mgisoft.com site and download the demo of videowave 4.  It
can capture video using your card, add titles, sound, etc. Then save in a
real video format directly.  It works for about 30 days. Try it, and if it
works for you, buy it.. it is less than $100

Al