Andrew,

Can you elaborate on the problems you've seen loading Application
scoped objects into the request scope? We're having some problem with
this as well, re: garbage-collection. Is there any documentation you
can point me at for this issue?

What alternative do you recommend? Just always calling the
shared-scope object directly, instead of referencing the request
scoped object? For what it's worth, the request scoped object would
just be a pointer to the App-scoped object. So on request end, the
pointer should be set null, and should be garbage-collectable, right?

Cheers,
Kris