I wouldn't say that ORM systems have an "obvious advantage" in every
situation. There are plenty of good reasons to use stored procedures
that have nothing to do with efficiency. ORM systems and stored
procedures are not mutually exclusive. Many ORM systems allow you to
use stored procedures.

If I were in your position I would probably follow instructions and
not fight the battle. Stored procedures work well and using them
shouldn't cause much disruption.

Most people don't realize that when you send a parameterized query
using cfquery to SQL Server, what happens behind the scenes is that
ColdFusion creates a temporary stored procedure on the server, then
executes that temporary stored procedure. Even people who don't like
using stored procedures are using them without realizing it. :)

Enjoy,
Mike Chabot

http://www.linkedin.com/in/chabot