FWIW, I messed around with this same thing for a bit and was seeing an error
that looked like yours and got it working.  Unfortunately, I can't for the
life of me remember exactly what the problem/fix was.

I do think I remember some issue with CFFM where it was attempting to do a
CreateObject or similar and, by default, our host had that turned off.  Not
sure whether that was the problem causing the similar error or not,
though...

Sorry...wish my memory was better...