and there lies the problem... many people will believe that this is a secure
method of preventing access to something, all it does is make it more
difficult, it certainly doesn't make it secure. I'm not going to elaborate on
how this can be bypassed as several previous comments have already alluded to
this possibility already - capturing cookies and ucing cfhttp etc. Basically
any ajax call should be protected like any other http call, ajax is simply
another type of http call its not magic. If your script is using sessions
(hence cookies) and you detect something odd going on I would follow the
philosophy of being guilty until proven innocent ie if you suspect something
automatically log that user/session out (ban them) and ask questions later. It
goes without saying that you need to log/record all http calls that appear
outside a strict set of rules for that cfc/function.