Rick is right.  Use cfqueryparam and your problems will go away:

INSERT INTO xTable(xDate) VALUES (<cfqueryparam value="Dec. 10, 2010" 
cfsqltype="cf_sql_date" />);

That's for a DATE column.  If you are doing a DATETIME column, use 
cf_sql_timestamp instead.

Rick Root wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Rob Voyle <[email protected]> wrote:
>   
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I have a coldfusion variable
>>        expireDate=Dec. 10, 2010
>>
>> That I want to insert as a date into a mySql database
>> The table cell is set up as a date but I can't find the right cf date format 
>> to get
>> the insert to work. I keep getting a syntax error.
>>     
>
> #1 - are you using <cfqueryparam> to do the insert?
> #2 - To help us fix the error, it would be helpful to see the full
> error text as well as the code that is generating it.
>
>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology-Michael-Dinowitz/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:336448
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to