Steve.

The difference is quite obvious. If you are using the latest wordpress then
i'm quite sure it detects your webserver and gives you the right rules, but
as IIS6 has no such feature then it may not be detecting either.
The IIS rules are web.config entries, the Apache rules are htacces sentries.
If you google them both you will find examples of each.

Russ