From: "Lawrence B. Afrin, M.D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: CFAS Scheduler

> Paul --
>
> FYI, I've seen the same thing happen enough times (4.0, 4.1, 4.5, haven't
tried any of the 4.5 SP's yet) to know it's a
> real bug -- you're not imagining it.  :-)  Don't have the foggiest idea
what makes the scheduler "stick".  Cycling
> (stopping, starting) the App Server and the Executive usually seems to fix
it, though occasionally I've had to cycle them
> more than once to finally get the scheduler to start running scheduled
jobs again.

> Most of the time the scheduler works fine.  I've seen it run for three
months without a hiccup (finally had to cycle the
> system for other reasons), but sometimes it just sticks, and boy is it
irritating to try to get it going again.

> Sometimes I wonder whether it's having some screwy interaction with my
backup package (Veritas Backup Exec Enterprise
> Edition), but I've never had the time, knowledge, or patience to
investigate it.  All I've done is to cycle it until it