> Missing the point. The method already exists and has other callers,
> who pass separate arguments by name or position. I'm not redesigning
> its API to take an array of arguments. I want to generically pass in a
> set of ordered arguments to it.

How about writing a new method that takes two arguments: the name of
the method you want it to call and an array of arguments. This method
could then build a method call to the original method, and write the
values positionally by iterating through the array. Presumably, you'd
plop this method in a utility CFC, rather than in the original CFCs.
Or, you could add it to the superclass so that it's present through
your class hierarchy.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.