> I have a file that is creating a CF template using the following code:
>
>    <cfloop Query="languages">
>          <cffile
>              action = "write"
>            *file =
> "#ExpandPath('/contentFiles/#maxContentID#_#language#.cfm')#" *
>            output = "#Evaluate( "#language#TEXT" )#"
>            nameconflict="overwrite">
>     </cfloop>
>
> It used to work fine but all of a sudden the red line is causing the
> following error:
>
> *Complex object types cannot be converted to simple values.
> The expression has requested a variable or an intermediate expression result
> as a simple value. However, the result cannot be converted to a simple
> value. Simple values are strings, numbers, boolean values, and date/time
> values. Queries, arrays, and COM objects are examples of complex values.
>
> The most likely cause of the error is that you tried to use a complex value
> as a simple one. For example, you tried to use a query variable in a cfif
> tag. *
>
> Any suggestions?

First, I'd suggest that you not use nested hashes. Instead of this:

"#ExpandPath('/contentFiles/#maxContentID#_#language#.cfm')#"

use this:

"#ExpandPath('/contentFiles/' & maxContentID & '_' & language & '.cfm')#"

However, I don't think that's the cause of your problem. Instead, I
suspect that one of your variables contains something other than what
you think it does. Use CFDUMP to see what's in those variables.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our tr