Ok, let's see if I can clarify my request.

I am requesting a way, any way to possibly create a keyboard shortcut within
Homesite to let me create a HTML comment in my pages.
I do not know how to create this and am asking for help in that regard only.

I have had quite a few replies and thanks for those, but none of them are
addressing my request.

I have written my own CFM that allows me to give a small business person a
website they easily control. I give them a back end that is written in
Coldfusion that I customize to fill each sites needs. There is a command
that updates their pages, which rewrites every page on the front end of
their site to plain jane HTML which runs extremely fast and is very search
engine friendly. I have commented quite a bit of the code to make it easy
for me to add, update, or otherwise grow this contraption from time to time.
I only want to make my life a little easier by not having to do what I've
been doing forever and deleting the extra dashes. Period. If someone could
show me how to write a function in Homesite PLEASE reply.

Terry