Hello Fellow HoFers:

I have a very big problem and I'm hoping to find a solution.  I've searched and
searched for over 2 weeks now for a solution and have come up dry including the
COMODO forums.  For those of you who are not familiar with the title, COMODO ()
is basically an all-in-one place to find your home/office security needs.

About a month ago I was cleaning out my computer and it was still running slow,
so I decided to use this new program I had never used before called Wiper.
After briefly reading the help file it basically said you could go through your
hard drive and not only erase for good but write over your files completely
(0's I think).  I went ahead and chose to go through everything and wipe clean
the recycled files, temporary files, etc.

Well, either I messed up or I didn't understand the process and it went through
and wiped everything... the files still show up, I see them, but if I try and
open them I get basically that they're corrupt.

So, the programs I have tried are mostly file recovery programs... when I bring
up the file to preview or try and recover them, they get recovered, but they're
still unable to be viewed/opened.  Here's some background information and steps
I did take so far:

Programs I've downloaded and tried with no success:
 - Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva)
 - act...@file
 - RecoverMyFiles.com
Info On What is Wiper:
Ref:
https://forums.comodo.com/help-csc/winduhs-xp-intermittent-shut-down-after-system-cleaner-run-t44831.0.html;prev_next=prev
Ref:
http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp_a=sp10042e7c&sp_q=wiper&sp_p=all&sp_f=ISO-8859-1

COMODO Forums about this issue and others having this issue:
Ref: http://forums.comodo.com/help-csc/lost-files-through-wiper-t50577.0.html
Ref:
http://forums.comodo.com/faq-csc/wiper-how-to-avoid-erasing-important-files-t54436.0.html;msg383712#msg383712
 (wish I saw this BEFORE I used the program)
Ref: https://forums.comodo.com/help-csc/comodo-lost-my-all-data-t47146.0.html