> Java byte code - that is what is going to be in memory. I expect a CFC etc
> would relate to a particular Java object however while I can dump what is in
> RAM have not learned how to understand the output and join a CFM to an object.

I might be wrong but I don't think you can dump the permanent JVM
space so you don't have access to the actual bytecode. I think you can
use jmap -permstat to see what classes are loaded and that might give
you an idea of what CFC are loaded, etc

>>I wish I could see WHAT was taking up the ram, i.e a specific array, cfc
>>instances, etc etc....
>>
> I think JVM logging or even Java Dev Kit programs like Jconsole and Jvisualvm
> will perhaps show which Java memory buffer (New/Tenure/Perm) is being
> consumed. CF monitor will probably help you see what CFM CFC etc is running.
> So once you know which buffer is being consumed perhaps you can allocate more
> to that until your able to short out which CFM etc is taking the RAM.

Jvisualm is a good suggestion and gives you some of insight into the JVM.

--
Mack