From: Rick Root [mailto:rick.r...@gmail.com]
Sent: 06 December 2010 21:43
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: RE: Virtual Directories and IIS

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Russ Michaels <r...@michaels.me.uk> wrote:

> Well if each site is different and have its own files then you need a
> unique
> URL and a folder in which to store the files, so I can't see how you can
> avoid either a real or a virtual directory.
> However if every site uses the same codebase, then you could use some url
> rewriting to allow your code to handle the different sites.

Each site uses the same code base, and tt already handles it because I
currently use 12,000 virtual directories that point back to the code base in
the web root.  The code itself gets the site information from the name it
finds in the cgi SCRIPT_NAME variable.

Here's an example:  www.classcreator.com/Saline-MI-1990

I was thinking about using ISAPI Rewrite, as suggested by someone else, but
I'm afraid that would actually cause the site name "Saline-MI-1990" to be
invisible to Coldfusion (would it still be part of the cgi.script_name?)

Rick