Yep, I had numerous problems with that exact issue. At one point that tool
was very solid but they introduced some issues in it at some point and
working with the author to resolve it was a huge waste of time and cost.
They gave up and should not be selling it anymore.

But now with CF9, you do not need it at all with the cffileupload tag.

Dan O'Keefe