Hmmm. I only answered part of your question.  The answer I gave should fix the
403 issue.

Are you sure cf is enabled?

Also I had issues with this also and blogged about it here.
http://www.trunkful.com/index.cfm/2009/8/30/ColdFusion-8-Server-on-Snow-Leopard

I had linked to Geoff Bowers blog pig with very detailed instructions for
getting coldfusion connected to apache on the Mac. However the link isn't
working now.  I'm really wishing I had copied those down right about now.

BUT it looks like Mark Drew posted the same information here.
http://www.markdrew.co.uk/blog/post.cfm/running-coldfusion-8-on-leopard

Hope this helps

Wil Genovese

One man with courage makes a majority. - Andrew Jackson