On 31/12/2010 9:55 PM, Richard Steele wrote:

> I'm testing some error checking stuff and don't understand why the
> application.cfm doesn't abort before an error is found in a file.
>
> Here's the application.cfm
> <cfabort>
>
> Here's the index.cfm
> <cftest>
>
> When the index.cfm is run, it shows the error information (Unknown tag:
> cftest). I would think that application.cfm would fire first and not even get
> to index.cfm.

It is failing at compile time as that is a bad tag, it never gets as far
as actually running the code because ity cannot compile it.

Try putting a bad(unknown) variable name instead of a bad tag so the
code compiles and then as it runs it will hit the cfabort and stop
before it gets to the bad variable.

If you are trying to error check at runtime for bad tags then you can't
because it never gets that far.

Hope that answer helps as I have to dash, some midnight fireworks to go
to :-)  Happy New Year everyone.

--

Yours,

Kym Kovan