Yes but if you understand the problems with that then you would know that a
file can be uploaded that is pretending to be a png or whatever it wants to
be, and actually be a cfml or any other executable file.

There has been enough discussion on this matter to adhere to the fact that
the uploads directory should never, ever be in the webroot or even
accessible from the URL. Google it, and you will see what I mean and refer
too.

fckEditor was a victim of this and as was Adobe and anyone one else who used
this exploitation.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/