From: Michael Grant [mailto:mgr...@modus.bz]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 19:18
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Is Coldfusion losing it biggest asset?

I didn't miss his point at all. Don't interpret a differing opinion as a
lack of understanding. He's comparing free open source products (apples) to
extremely expensive products (oranges) and saying the reason it isn't
successful is because the community hasn't evangelized enough. I don't think
that's accurate.

It certainly seems obvious that Adobe and I have different opinions of what
success is for ColdFusion. If Adobe thinks CF is successful in the
marketplace then that's great. Good for them. As CF continues to lose devs
they can continue to get a warm fuzzy that they've sold a few copies.

I'll continue to love the language and lament that Adobe ever bought it.