I'll reply here, in case someone else has the same questions.
Basically I have either a select or an input that I'm trying to place an
'add' icon directly next to it, to which I can then bind a click action to
open a modal window. Resizing the actual field is fairly easy (just add an
additional class declaration), but the image always rolls to the next line
(has to be on the same line).
Yeah, I saw the multiField in the demo (that's what I'm using for
side-by-side field placement). I'm actually trying to put a datepicker field
on the same line as another datepicker field, or with a select, or with an
input... Just wondering if there was an easy way to do it. In the
type="custom" field, I added an input like this:
<input type="text" class="textInput hasDatePicker addDatePicker
hasDatepick" size="35" value="" id="dateofsource" name="dateofsource">
But that didn't add it. I tracked down the generated JS for initializing
the datepickers:
$('#addEditForm .addDatePicker').datepick();
I have the 'addDatePicker' class associated with that field, so I
thought it might be a selector issue. I ran a console.log statement in
Firebug on the selector and it came back with the field. Hmmm?
I read up a bit on the plugin. Since I'm using JQueryUI anyway I can use
it's (scaled down) datepicker. I took out the loadDateUI from the form and
added my own dp call, which rendered the datepickers, once I figured out the
options I needed.
Of course, now the calendar icons are rolling down to the next line...;)
Steve 'Cutter' BladesAdobe Certified ExpertAdvanced Macromedia ColdFusion
MX 7 Developer____________http://blog.cutterscrossing.com"The best way to
predict the future is to help create it"
On 1/14/2011 11:18 AM, Matt Quackenbush wrote: Steve,I already
replied to your email, but since you opened this thread, I willcopy that reply
here. :-)1) If by "add" trigger you mean dynamically adding/removing fields,
thenperhaps this link will
help:http://www.quackfuzed.com/demos/jQuery/dynamicField/cfUniFormIntegration.cfm.If
you meant something else, please elaborate.2) I don't have any side-by-side
stuff in any of my apps, so I havepersonally never even played with it. I do
know that others have, however.There are three classes that spring to mind that
should help with thesizing: medium, short, multiField. The first two would be
placed on theinput element itself to decrease the width. For an example of
multiField,check out the all-in-a-row date examples on the Kitchen Sink demo
(http://www.quackfuzed.com/demos/cfUniForm/kitchenSink.cfm).HTH!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive:
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:340884
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/unsubscribe.cfm