From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: 26. januar 2011 04:48
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Clustering ColdFusion - some "black holes"

> But, the below described procedure - it's 100% accurate for setting up a
> cluster?
> (not ticking of the "replicate sessions" this time.. :))
>
> ------------------------------
> JRun instances
> All new CF instances is created from the default CFusion instance
> which is shut down and "never used" after the setup is done (same goes
> with JRun Admin Instance) Internal webserver on every CF instance is
> active with separate port addresses and separate instance names (8300
> for admin,
> 8301 for instance one "cfusion1", 8302 for instance two "cfusion2",
> 8303 for instance 3 "cfusion3" on physical server #2 etc.) Every CF
> instance have the remote port (JNDI port) set unique (both server wide
> and cluster wide)
>
> Clustering setup
> On one server (CFadmin / Instance manager) all remote instances is
> registered On the same server one cluster is created with round robin
> / sticky sessions / and replicate sessions set All instances is added
> to the clusters (for example 6 instances on 3 physical servers on the
> same subnet) (After this the servers is physically restarted)
>
> Connector setup
> On every physical server the Web Server Configuration Tool is run
>
> On every physical server the IIS webserver is configured with this settings:
> JRun Host: [The server where cluster was created initially] JRun
> Server: [The cluster name] All IIS websites (The server has multiple
> websites, hundreds) Configure web server for cf 7/8/9 apps

Yes, all of those settings and steps look right to me.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on GSA Schedule, and
provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction at our training
centers, online, or onsite.