Michael,

I know what it is to be broke, supporting a family of 7 and not be able to
afford software to do my job. I remember coding CF 3.1 in Notepad. I
remember re-setting my PC's time so I could get more time on my 30 day trial
of Front Page when I was just starting out. Until software companies caught
on to that.  It is to laff in retrospect.  But you do what you must do and
you make it happen because that's your life.

I think one reason why you might have less than a sympathetic audience is
that we've all paid our dues and if we've been able to buy IDE's is by the
sweat of our brow that we do so.  Heck, it's even a tax deduction.  So
rather than hoping that CFB was cheaper why don't you focus on improving
your skills with CFEclipse or other open-source product until you can get
paid that the level that would allow you to purchase CFB? Or get yourself
hired and get your new boss to pay for it.

Jeff