>Is the problem random or reproducible?
Random, but when it happens, it seems to stay that way for a while. A CF
service restart will correct it for a while.

>Is dbBanana used anywhere by the Web
>site, or should that database not be used at all?
It is used. Both are used by the site with the error.

>If it should not be used
>at all, do a site-wide search for dbBanana to make sure it does not show up
>anywhere in the code. Are the two databases allowed to talk to each other?
There ares some instances where one query actually talks to both databases,
(e.g., FROM Apple.dbo.tablename JOIN Banana.dbo.tablename

>Is one user account given permission to both databases?
Yes. Actually using the sa account, which I know is wrong.

>Watch our for SQL like "Use dbBanana" or "SELECT FROM dbBanana.dbo.table."
>Maybe do a site-wide search for "use "
I'm thinking that if the code/SQL was the problem, this wouldn't be
intermittent. And I have looked at the query it fails on and this is not the
case.

>If you think it is a DNS issue, put in the IP address of the db server in
>cfadmin to eliminate that possibility.
Definitely worth a try.

>Every time I have seen the issue with the symptoms that you describe it
>turns out to be a developer-caused error, not a server error, network error,
>or a random bug.
You are probably right, I just have yet to track down that developer-caused
error.

>-Mike Chabot
Thanks for the input.