On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Matt Quackenbush <quackfu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave, as you well know I usually agree with you.  However, in this case, I
> do not agree with you at all.  Why?  Because you are 100% wrong in your
> statement.  What I showed is **exactly** how references work.

Well, yes, your code was about references but unfortunately form scope
is created anew on each request in ACF so whilst

> <cfset session.myvariable = form />

leaves session.myvariable pointing at a struct (that was the form
scope on that request), by the time you do this:

> <cflocation url="foo.cfm" />

The name form is bound to a new struct and the original
session.myvariable is unchanged.

I tried it on Railo and discovered that the form scope is somehow
reused across multiple requests - so on Railo, your logic would be
correct. That's interesting and I'll have to take that up with
engineering to find out why / how it's different.

Which begs the question of the Original Poster: Don / Dan - are you
running on ACF or Railo?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/