This one comes up from time to time. The best way to do it is with you
chosen database's own development and management tools. If you use MS SQL
Server Management Studio, they have integrated tools to copy a database. If
you use Toad, they have something too. I have always had... let's say
"limited" luck with those, but if you can get by with that, you should

Now, if you wanted to do this in CF, it probably means work. I actually have
a semi-functioning model of downloading one database and applying it to
another, even works across database engines (e.g. download from oracle and
apply to derby). Plus it takes snapshots so you can save versions of the
database, including basic schema snapshots that you can import into another
database, too. Then I got distracted, lost interest and have a 75% finished
program. I'd open source it, but like I said it's not fully functional (not
even fully baked), and I don't know that there's a real market for it.

Umm, I can probably hook you up with a copy, no promises that it will even
compile.

nathan strutz
[http://www.dopefly.com/] [http://hi.im/nathanstrutz]