Most of my apps use multiple clients.  I many times have a serviceProxy
and remotingProxy.  At a real basic level the remotingProxy mirrors
whatever I need in the serviceProxy as remote methods.  The service layer
can be RESTful (put/get/post/delete), as Andrew suggested, or can be
regular methods depending ont he needs of your application.  What the blog
post shows I how to package up your data using data transfer objects.

Nic