Thanks guys.

IAN this caught my attention:

"The client reads the file from the user's file system and encrypts it
into the header of the request"

I've been using fiddler to view the headers and see the data I want :

200
Settings\dsdfsd\Desktop\clean up\test.docupload.doc"

However I don't know how to access this via coldfusion. I've tried
gethttprequestData but unfortunatley I think by that point my window of
opportunity had past. somehow need to get at the request at an earlier stage.