Rob,

The Text, NText, and Image data types come from the previous versions of SQL
Server. It is recommended that you use the newer varchar(MAX),
nvarchar(MAX), and varbinary(MAX) data types instead.

Results to text only allows a maximum of 8192 characters. Perhaps this is
also your issue in querying the database directly.

[image: Screenshot]

You could try using the TSQL len() function (not the CF len function) to
find the length of the data and see if it has actually been truncated in the
database, or just when you select it.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Robert Harrison <rob...@austin-williams.com