I'll try to get rsa.pas...

-----Original Message-----
From: denstar [mailto:valliants...@gmail.com]
Sent: March-19-11 10:09 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Old School CFX (TextCrypt) and RSA Encryption

LOL!  Life is too short to not get excited whenever one gets a chance.
 It's the little victories that get me through the days.  :-)

Heh.  Funny you should mention class loaders.  Spent the last like 20 hours
dicking around with this crazy classloader problem with embedded jetty.  I'd
think that, by this point, I shouldn't be having classloader issues anymore.
Sheesh.  =)p

Anyways, since I'm up for air for a bit:

It looks like the delphi BigInts are 2d arrays with "contents" and "bytes"
(I think that's why it builds the hex in reverse?).  I'm actually not sure
how I can dump them other than the hex deal... it's been over a decade since
I've seriously messed with pascal-ish-ness (it was the turbo variety :)).  I
can see the values when I hover over the var while debugging tho.  =]

I could try looping through the array, and dumping the elements as ints I
guess, but I honestly don't know how it's really implemented.
I don't have source file for it, or the TRSA library (there was a binary
version on the original site).  What I'm really curious about is how he did
his base64 routine, but that's in rsa.pas, which I don't have.

So even the hex didn't work, eh?  As far as how I got the output:  I
literally just dropped that function into the sample program that the binary
TRSA binary comes with, as that's apparently where it came from, even though
it's not in the sample.  Then I added a text box to display the value.

Hrm.  I'll take a stab at dumping the values from the array... the ultimate
would be getting the rsa.pas file, so we could *see* what's going on.

Darn.  I was really hoping that hex would do it.  Ah well.

It still /feels/ close...  ;-)

:Den

--
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of
intelligence.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Leigh wrote:

>> The raw data seems to work:
>
> That is the point I was at before with the original base64 strings.
Decoding and encrypting *seemed* to work, but the final results did not
match. I tried several angles, but still no joy.