On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Al Musella, DPM
<muse...@virtualtrials.com> wrote:

>   I would love to see a good open source CF medical office
> management program that includes electronic medical records as well as
> billing.
> There is a php based attempt going on at
> <http://www.oemr.org/>http://www.oemr.org/
> They did an amazing job on some parts, but dropped the ball on
> others. The user interface sucks. Not well laid out.

Do you have any idea how huge a project that is? Medical billing alone
is a huge pain, what with RVUs, the upcoming switch to IDC-10, EDI for
getting Insurance payments. Add in all the up and coming requirements
from the HITECH act with HIPPA and your EMR/PM system is a giant set
of requirements. There is a reason the software is so expensive.

Juda