> I really didn't want to use any kind of cookie. I have data in the session
> variables I don't want compromised in any way. I was just hoping the J2EE
> solution would be a magic bullet.

Using J2EE session variables will, by default, prevent the session
from persisting in the browser after the browser has been closed and
reopened. So if that's all you want, you can do that.

But in any case, YOU ARE ALREADY USING COOKIES. That's how both J2EE
sessions and CF's "native" sessions work, by default. If you weren't
using cookies, you'd have had to write enough code to keep sessions
going that you wouldn't need to ask this question.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.