Hi, Maureen...

I'll have a look at the rets developer site.  I think
I looked that over before, but it's been awhile.

As far as functions you've created, I'd be delighted
to get my hands on any of your code for handling RETS feeds;
new or old.

If you want to pass on your old code first, without
having to put any time into updating it, I could look it
over and it would give me an idea of what's going on.
Then I could start asking questions.

Really, the thing that's been unclear to me is where I, as a
developer, fit into the RETS environment.  I haven't been
able to get a handle on whether or not, as a developer, I need
to use a "client" or if I'd be developing a custom solution
for warehousing the RETS data myself (as I've been doing with
FTP feeds).

One of the MLS's whose data I receive via FTP has been asking
what RETS "client" I'll be using.  I don't even know if I
need a "client".  From what I've read, a client would seem
to be more for a non-programmer who needs a program to parse
through the data for them.

I'm just not sure how the RETS workflow is supposed to happen
based on who a person is in the data flow.

Is the RETS "client" a pre-programmed data handler for those
who just want a means of getting RETS data onto a website?
Is it something that I, as a programmer developing custom
data handling and display, need to use to get access to and
parse RETS data?  Is it the interface to the data itself?

You can see I'm lost in the sauce.  And the MLS reps have no
idea how to answer these questions.  They just handle accounts
and can't be of any help.

Could you provide some overview and perspective from a
developer's viewpoint into RETS? (And any code you'd be willing
to share!:o)

Thanks!

Rick