Actually the answer isn't simple.  I've done a number of scheduling
programs for athletics over the years, and they are real challenge.

If all the events are going to be at the same venue, you need two
tables:  one for leagues, one for matches

Select the info from the matches, loop over the leagues, check to see
if the league is already scheduled, if not schedule the first opponent
each week that they have not already played.