Well, it wasn't as easy as I had hoped.

I installed cf 9 as a standalone installation.  I updated to 9.01 and
applied the 9.01 hotfix.

I then ran the web Server Configuration Tool, and got an error:

ASP.Net Window's feature is not installed. They are required to configure
IIS7 Connector.

I am installing this on Wn2K8 R2 Web Server Edition as  I mentioned above.

So now what? :)