Here is a complete feature matrix.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx

I'm sure I used SSIS with 2005 Express, so I would expect it is with 2008.
You certainly have import/export services anyway.
Just make sure you get SQL Server Express with Tools.
If you find features missing from the Management Studio express, there is a
little cheat, you can download the FULL EDITION trial of SQL Server 2008
with tools, and get the full edition of Management Studio, which i'm pretty
sure never expires, at least it didn't with 2005.

The learning curve will be with using the new Management Studio rather than
Enterprise manager, although I believe you can still use enterprise manager
up to a point.
Other than that your database will work the same unless you choose to learn
and implement and of the new features. 2008 is miles apart from 2000.