Andrei, I want to point your attention to your comment.

" I am calling MY Web-site, I know EXACTLY what to expect"

As a veteran Software Analyst my first reaction is WTF!!! You might be
calling your server but you have absolutely no control over the users
machine, nor do you have any control over the users network connection, nor
do you have any control over their internet connection. Unless you are in an
Intranet situation, then you have your own restrictions and unforseen
problems.

Either way, you CAN NOT guarantee that the connection is going to be up
between receiving the page and requesting the data. I think you might want
to think a bit more about how connections work, and how to deal with them
when they could break how you let the user know that there might be a
problem with the internet connection or even network connection.

I think that your type of attitude is the wrong attitude to have when
working in this field.

Now having said that, there is also another GREAT and in my opinion much and
far better framework than jQuery out there.

You might want to take a look at ExtJS Core this is also a very free
framework, and provides in my opinion a much better way of doing things in
JS than what jQuery is.

Just something to consider that jQuery is not the only good tool out there,
nor is it the best for all situations either.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Web-
> site, I know EXACTLY what to expect.  I don't want library function to
perform
> checks for situations, which will never happen. I want to have my own
> interface that fits my needs better. Unless I forced to do so, I will make
> entire HTML cooking on the server-side (this is why we use ColdFusion) and
> just dump results to the browser, to avoid annoying freezes of client's
> browser, while it processes "JS objects", JSONs, XMLs, and created HTML on
> the fly.  If you move server-side processing to the client side, than yes,
you
> might need something like jQuery to help you with this.  But, from my
point
> of view, this is some different programming concept that significantly
differs
> from the client-server paradigm that assumes that client must be as stupid
> and as simple, as possible.
>

> >To be clear, even on Edge or 56K dial-up, non-cached Jquery, with all
> >its built-in goodness, arrives in less than a second...so...I really
> >can't imagine why rolling your own "just-enough" JS would be better.
> >At least when it comes to speed/performance
> This is because you think that 1 sec is a short time and can be ignored.
I have
> a different vision of this.  I would fight for this 1 sec.  As well as for
the size of
> browser's working set.
>

> >Clearly, use whatever you like...but...wrt your harvester analogy: when
> >the harvester is free, doesn't impact speed/performance, and will
> >handle the 10 square feet of grass and the 10 hectares of grass...I'm
> >not seeing the drawback of using it for both
> No, this is a wrong example.  The correct one is when you try to build a
car
> that simultaneously can be used as a truck, limo, and participate in
Formula-1.
> And yes, it must be electrical.  Convertible?  Please...  Perhaps, you
could
> build something like this, but in reality it is much better to have 3 or 4
> DIFFERENT cars for different purposes.  The only place where you can find
> piece of free cheese is a mousetrap...
>
> >jQuery (and other libraries) is well tested, well maintained, hugely
> >popular and well thought out. All these things will have an impact on
> >the speed of development and quality of code, especially for someone
> >who wasn't coding before these things were commonplace.
> >Andrei's assertion that using jQuery in this case would be 'nonsense'
> >ignores these pertinent benefits and is itself nonsense.
> My definition of "library" is something that contains millions of books,
but I
> can come there and borrow a SINGLE book I need, rather than carry back
> home all millions books.  jQuery is a great exercise in JS programming.
Never
> could imagine that so many things could be done in the browser!  All those
> flying DIVs and popping images are amazing and REALLY require significant
> amount of efforts to create and maintain, especially considering the
> "browsers war".  But what it has to do with my simple task of dynamic
update
> of the application screen?  Therefore, my word "nonsense" should be
> applied to THIS situation ONLY and should NOT be used in any other
context.

> Again, I did not try to offend anybody.  The "best"
> language/tool/browser/etc. is the one you know.  For example, we all
> reading this post because we all love ColdFusion and think it is "the
best".
> Want to learn an alternative point of view?  Go to PHP or .NET forums.
So, if