It is not that bad.  I do work for multiple companies and they provide me
machines/software to use at them.  One company is using Dreamweaver CS5 and
I probably do 60-65% of my total workload there.  Another company that I do
probably 25% of my workload has Dreamweaver 8 on the workstation that I am
using then Dreamweaver CS3 on one of the boxes I remote desktop into.  At
home I have CS4 but I honestly don't use that computer much for coding these
days.  I never have felt some huge leap in how to use the UI between any of
those versions.

When I went from CS4 to CS5 I remember seeing some nice new features via
using the program and liking them.  But right now I honestly can't recall
what it/they are.  I do know the JS support in CS5 is something that I
sometimes miss when using the machine with 8.  I forced myself off of
Homesite onto Dreamweaver MX many years ago.  Still some things I miss in
Homesite but nothing that has made me go so far as to install it or even to
take note of.