nm . . . again apparently DE("##query.Address2##" & Chr(13) & Chr(10))
as much as I loathe it.

Did the trick

Would it be better to put together the CFREport tag by hand? (Though I
must admit despite getting hung up on the evaluation it was overall
very quick)

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Joshua O'Connor-Rose
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm doing something that should be simple but is giving me hell.
>
> I'm getting this error
>
> Invalid ColdFusion expression in report.
> If the expression is a string, ensure that it is within quotes
> With this:
> Error: query.firstname & " " & query.lastname & Chr(13) & Chr(10) &
> query.Address1 & IIf(len(query.Address2), query.Address2 & Chr(13) &
> Chr(10), DE("")) & query.city & ", " & query.state & " " & query.zip
> is not a valid ColdFusion expression.
>
> Yet when I change it to this (or something equally silly for testing):
> query.firstname & " " & query.lastname & Chr(13) & Chr(10) &
> query.Address1  &
> IIf(len(query.Address2), DE("query.Address2"), DE("")) &
> query.city & ", " & query.state & " " & query.zip
>
> It does what I'm asking
>
> Any ideas
>
> thanks in advance (I would use help but that's not working in Windows 7)
>
> -Joshua


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Order the Adobe Coldfusion Anthology now!
http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Coldfusion-Anthology/dp/1430272155/?tag=houseoffusion
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:345936
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/unsubscribe.cfm

Reply via email to